Re: Flashback Schema ... any ideas

  • From: Mihajlo Tekic <mihajlo.tekic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Newman, Christopher" <cjnewman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:14:56 -0600

Hi Christopher,
Thanks for the input.

We considered that. The challenge is that with this option we would need
supplemental logging enabled. We faced some problems using supplemental
logging (in-memory undo disabled, Bugs with Spatial data type). In 11g
Flashback Transaction Backout does pretty much the same thing.

Another problem could be the time needed to mine the logs and reconstruct
all the changes (record by record).

~Mihajlo

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 9:53 AM, Newman, Christopher <cjnewman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx