Re: First 17 updated records disappeared from REDOLOG files

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 07:49:00 -0500

On 02/22/2006 05:29:17 AM, Tanel Põder wrote:

> IMU anticipates small transactions, relieving us from excessive CBC latch
> gets and undo segment buffer pinning. We can generate the undo into a
> preallocated shared pool area (number of pools is controlled by _imu_pools
> parameter).

This used to be called "discrete transactions", which were useless except for
cheating on benchmarks, primarily TPC-C. There was a huge row and Oracle has
left TPC for 6 months or so because of that. This feature disappeared after
that and all was well in the harmonious family of relational databases. This
"new feature" really raises my eyebrows.

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mgogala.com