RE: Firewire and 10g RAC

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:19:34 -0600

I've said it before on this list and I'll say it again:  If you want to try
this out to see if/how RAC will work for you, spend the extra $300 on two
Adaptec SCSI controllers and a SCSI drive.  This will much closer emulate a
production installation and you won't have to deal with firewire issues.
Look at: http://www.bradmark.com/site/products/pdfs/9irac_config.pdf for the
instructions.  Ours was about $1100 because we went with Adaptec 29160LP
controllers and a better HD.

HTH!  GL!

Rich