RE: Find client version

So, if I understand this correct, either 10g or 8i 'ORACLE_HOME' is
activated on the client-PC when the program gets started?

I never used ColdFusion, but I'd suggest to include something that detects
the activated Oracle environment somewhere at the client side, and not in
the database. It's the client that needs protection against erroneous
activation under the wrong version. Problems should be solved where they
are originated, not at the other end. So, maybe a lookup in the registry
(if possible at all with ColdFusion) for ORACLE_HOME or your PATH
envirnment variable can give you a clue about the active version of the
Oracle client software.

Other option: install VMWare in your windoze boxes, and use that for
running your 'completely separated machine'.

Regards, Carel-Jan

===
===