Re: Filesystem Block Size ? 1K or 4K or 8K ?

  • From: Dan Norris <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: VIVEK_SHARMA@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 08:21:34 -0500

I agree with Mark's comments too, but I am also interested why you specified "non-RAC". ASM isn't a RAC-specific feature and is just as applicable to single-instance databases. Clearly, ASM is Oracle's future direction as it plays a major role in the Exadata product (as I understand it, which is to say not very well yet) and ASM is rumored to be getting some major enhancements in the upcoming release.

If you would, please share with us your reasons to avoid ASM. Based on your response, I'm guessing that the reasons might include "because that's the way I've always done it".

Looking forward to the next message in this thread...

Regards,

Dan Norris
Oracle RAC SIG President
http://www.oracleracsig.org/

VIVEK_SHARMA wrote:

Probably I still belong to the Old Technology of using Mounted Filesystems for Database in a NON-RAC scenario.