Re: File Processing Question

  • From: Kellyn Pedersen <kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 10:46:50 -0700 (PDT)

We do perform almost the same process, but FTP to a server that is a shared
location.  The files are also pre-processed with a naming convention that
is the unique identifier for the partitioning key in the main tables they stage
to, so it is by default, flagged and couldn't be reloaded into the
environment...

So you have two choices-  sweet talk the Manager in charge of hardware
purchases to get you disk or sweet talk the developers in charge or rewriting
the code.  Please ask yourself which ones are more likely to be motivated by
compliments... :)

Kellyn Pedersen
Sr. Database Administrator
I-Behavior Inc.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellynpedersen
www.dbakevlar.blogspot.com

"Go away before I replace you with a very small and efficient shell script..."