RE: Fastest way to backup/restore and budget

  • From: "Bill Coulam" <bill.coulam@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:01:40 -0600

Has anyone on this list looked at Iomega's REV disks as a possible backup
alternative to tape? I'm looking at this as a possible low-cost solution for
a friend's small business (but big tables: currently 150GB, expecting to be
within 1TB within a year or so).

Note to the humorous/flamers: Although I've done much DBA-type work (design,
physical implementation and performance tuning), I've never done backup and
recovery before so am a complete newbie in that area.

- bill c.