From: Ujang Jaenudin [mailto:ujang.jaenudin@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, 26 July 2007 02:59 PM
To: Mark W. Farnham
Cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: FW: idl_ub2$ and utlip.sql

mark,

db is 9.2.0.4 on linux x86
yesterday i was fixed it by
- changing init prameter,
- truncate idl_ub2$ drop storage
- execute utlirp twice
- then utlrp,
- to make sure..... then change parameter to original what oracle apps
required,
- and rerun utlrp, so far it is OK,

but got 69 packages from APPS invalidated.

checking the corruption, is OK, it seem physical corrupt. and now
IDL_UB2$ has no corruption issue.

btw, does anyone have the experience the same and in Oracle Apps
environment?
if I export import Full database, is it any issues (due to oracle Apps
environment).

regrds
ujang

On 7/25/07, Mark W. Farnham <mwf@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm curious about your storage allocations for the broken object(s).
>
> These are originally built based on sql.bsq but also depend on your
> block size and other choices about your storage.
>
> What is your Oracle release, block size, choices about local versus
> dictionary managed system and sysaux tablespaces, and file storage
> (file system, raw volumes, or ASM)?
>
> While unlikely, it is possible that you have a combination of space
> required from the construction of your total of PL/SQL that makes it
> impossible to store within the configuration constraints. If the bulk
> of your objects in SYSTEM still function correctly it certainly makes
> one wonder why idl_ub2$ would be broken and whether it is the
> underlying storage or a logical corruption.
>
> Regards,
>
> mwf

DBMS_STANDARD.
> > Rem
> > Rem     (III) Selectively invalidate views and synonyms
> > Rem
> >
> > Doesn't seem high risk as long as you recompile everything
afterwards.
> > Use utlrp for that
> > Why not log a SR
> >
> > You could try and fix the corrupt blocks with
> > dbms_repair.check_object procedure and
> > dbms_repair.fix_corrupt_blocks
> >
> > More importantly, how has the corruption occurred
> >
> > John

regards
ujang