From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Ron Rogers
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 1:30 PM
To: harish.kumar.kalra@xxxxxxxxx; ranko.mosic@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: The cheapest hardware for real RAC

Ranko,
 I don't know if you would be able to use it or not but
have a look at www.freenas.org

Google for freenas and expolre the many site.
Ron

>>> "Harish Kalra" <harish.kumar.kalra@xxxxxxxxx> 07/07/06 7:15 AM >>>
Hi Ranko,

Have a look at the follwing link ..may be helpful to you.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/hunter_rac10gr2.html#1

-Harish Kalra
Sr Consultant
Oracle

On 7/7/06, Ranko Mosic <ranko.mosic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Hi List,
> I am looking for recommendations on which storage hardware to
purchase.
> I want to connect 2 white box PC's ( which I have )  and storage
hardware
> ( which I don't have yet) into RAC ready config.
> ( I tried Firewire thing, didn't work; VMware works, but is only
> simulation).
>

> --
> Regards,
> Ranko Mosic
> Contract Senior Oracle DBA
> B. Eng, Oracle 10g, 9i Certified Database Professional
> Phone: 416-450-2785
> email: mosicr@xxxxxxxxxx

http://ca.geocities.com/mosicr@xxxxxxxxxx/ContractSeniorOracleDBARankoMosicMain.html

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain
dissemination or other use of or taking action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have
received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.