Re: FW: How to caliculate the IO Demand for IOPS and ThroughtPut

  • From: Karl Arao <karlarao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Robin.Moffatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 14:48:24 -0500

Hi Robin,

Yes I agree, the average normalizes the spikes.. so it's also good to have a
validation of the IO numbers you are getting from Oracle from the OS

Also I use these statistical tools for my data points
this one is from Craig Shallahamer gives you a really nice visual
distribution of your data points, I modified it a bit so he got that
uploaded on his site already..

And.. another thing that you can do when you are investigating on a slow
subsystem and drilling down on a subsecond detail is to trace the session
and use the Mr. Tools.. particularly the Mr. Skew.. ;)  you can do a lot of
statistical drill downs on 10046 trace using that tool

Karl Arao