Re: FW: How can I get the BBED password?

  • From: mhthomas <qnxodba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MGogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 00:07:46 -0400

in-line

On 4/13/05, Gogala, Mladen <MGogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>=20
> --
> Mladen Gogala
> Ext. 121
> Instead of bbed, one can use
>=20
> dd if=3D/dev/zero bs=3D8192 count=3D100 of=3D/mydir/system01.dbf
>=20
> Recovery workshop will be just as effective with dd as it would be with
> bbed.

Yes. The Adv RMAN class I took had a script for doing this in the lab.
We'd mess up a couple blocks and recover just bad blocks. Actually,
I'd like to test flashback stuff in 10g, too.

Plus, the above command syntax will be required frequently with crs
(ocr, voting file) reinstalls.

For what its worth, someone told me bbed long ago and I don't remember. :-)

Regards,

Mike Thomas