Re: FRA f/s block size

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 01:45:52 +1100

I'm aware of what is available in Linux.
But I said Unix. As in Aix.
strace is a RPITA to use on something like RMAN.
Pity IBM - of all companies! - provides so little gut-view software for that.
Although there is probably some obscure add-on to Tivoli or similar to do all I need - meh!...

Nuno Souto
in sunny Sydney, Australia

Amaral, Rui wrote,on my timestamp of 28/03/2011 10:15 PM:
For rhel 6 (similar in previous versions as well):

more detail on the block devices files in sysfs:

looking at queue size might help performance (depending on your i/o scheduler
being used):

one form of linux block tracing:

and example:

good ole strace also can give io and blocksize requests on running processes.