External table problem

Hi all,

I need help with creating an external table.  I'm working with a simple
csv file, example data below:

1,450,01/03/10,01/09/10,39.02,0.00
1,311,01/03/10,01/09/10,0.00,0.00
2,120,01/03/10,01/09/10,0.00,0.00
2,160,01/03/10,01/09/10,0.00,0.00
2,655,01/03/10,01/09/10,39.92,0.00

When I query the external table, I get the "reject limit reached" error.
The log contains the following for each row:

KUP-04021: field formatting error for field HOME_WG_3
KUP-04025: field extends beyond end of record
KUP-04101: record 1 rejected in file /home/aeexport/HOURSEXP.CSV

I looked up the error message and all I get is  "This can happen when
specifying either absolute or relative positioning for a field."  I'm not
specifying an absolute or relative position for a field.

Here's my create table statement:

CREATE TABLE ROT_EMP_HOURS_CSV
( HOME_WG_1   NUMBER(1),
  HOME_WG_3   NUMBER(3),
  START_DATE  DATE,
  END_DATE    DATE,
  REG         NUMBER(3,2),
  OT          NUMBER(3,2))
ORGANIZATION EXTERNAL
  (  TYPE ORACLE_LOADER
     DEFAULT DIRECTORY AEEXPORT
     ACCESS PARAMETERS
       ( records delimited by newline
           fields terminated by ','
                    (
                                   HOME_WG_1   ,
                                   HOME_WG_3   ,
                                   START_DATE  DATE 'MM-DD-YYYY',
                                   END_DATE    DATE 'MM-DD-YYYY',
                                   REG         ,
                                   OT          )
                    )
     LOCATION ('HOURSEXP.CSV')
  )

Oracle 10.2.0.2 on Solaris.

Thanks for your help!

Sharon

Sharon Kovac | RotoMetrics
Phone: +1 636 587 3600 | Fax: +1 636 587 3701800 Howerton Lane | Eureka, MO
63025 | USA
http://www.rotometrics.com | http://www.myroto.com
This e-mail message is intended only for the personal use of the recipient(s)
named above. This message is confidential. If you are not an intended
recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail and delete the original message.

.

GIF image