Re: Export - can I use a hint or set a session level value?

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JayMiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 14:34:06 -0700

Some possibilities come to mind.

*) your data has changed significantly, and statistics are stale

*) your data has not changed, but statistics were run incorrectly and
confused the optimizer

*) your data has changed, statistics are current, but the data is now skewed
and the index
  is no longer optimal

From your WHERE clause it appears that this export is a month-end process.
Could it be that a significant amount of data was added during April?

Just some things to consider.

Jared

On 5/26/06, JayMiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <JayMiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm considering this. The main problem here is our Change Management system. Any DDL needs to be approved and go through a change meeting.

Thanks,

Jay Miller

Sr. Oracle DBA

x68355