Re: Export Import Large Database - 9i

Hi Wannabe,

I see Tim provided you with an exp/imp script - we took it a step further
and created pepi (parallel export/parallel import) :
http://pepi.sourceforge.net/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pepi/

We used it in the late 90's when migrating large data warehouses running
on 8.0 and 8i. I've also tested it on 9i. It kind of works in the same
way as datapump, in the sense that it has a control table, adjustable
parallel degree, can be paused and resumed, works based on table size.
If you want to manipulate storage parameters when precreating the tables
in the target database you could also use pretoria for parsing/generating
 the exp dump ddl :
http://pretoria.sourceforge.net/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pretoria/

These are old projects but might still be useful.

cheers,
Kurt

Oracle Dba Wannabe wrote:Hi,
Was wondering if anyone could share their experience of havingto export import
VLDB's in a 9i environment. For certains reason thedatabase that I need to
migrate cannot be upgraded - which would openup a lot more options. I'm hoping
people out there could help withtheir personal experiences, if any, with
respect to what they foundhelped the best during this process. I'd appreciate
any input, thanks
Thanks