Re: Exploring a new Seattle-area user group

  • From: Jeremiah Wilton <jwilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 12:01:38 -0700

Thanks to all who responded. To make it easier to register interest in this, I created a meetup group:

Jeremiah Wilton

On Jun 4, 2009, at 3:06 PM, Jeremiah Wilton wrote:

As many of you know PSOUG recently suffered an unfortunate demise, leaving western Washington without a functioning local Oracle user group. Please drop me an email if you would like to join me in coalescing the community once again around a member-governed organization. Even if you can't help, let me know if you would like updates on meetings, conferences, etc. I would really like to make the annual Oracle Days conference happen again.

I have met a number of DBAs in our area currently out of work and in danger of layoff. I hope that a new user group can provide a networking, education and support structure for them, and for those just hoping to become better DBAs.

Please forward this around to fellow DBAs in your organization and in the area. Without a certain critical mass of interest, it just won't happen.