Re: Experiences with AQ with a very high concurrent workload solicited

  • From: Alexander Gorbachev <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: paulvallee@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:48:19 +0100

Paul,

One of your biggest problems would be amount of redo logs, so be
prepared to handle it. IOT maintenance will take a lot depending on
the usage pattern.

In our experience multi-consumer queues are not working well in 9i so
we are trying to avoid them whenever possible. In general, there are
quite a few bugs in 9i with AQ.

We have a heavy application working with queues... I cannot say what
is the rate of pure queues transaction but from middle tier app point
of view there are up to 500+ tps in peak time. Application has complex
logic, so there might be more (or less) operations with queues
themselves. We are on HP-UX if it matters.

HTH,
Alex