Re: Executing wrong sql

  • From: "GovindanK" <gkatteri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 21:43:16 -0700

Sandra
I am a bit late in posting. You are probably looking at some
thing similar to
Subject:     Bug 2273604 - CURSOR_SHARING=FORCE may not share
cursors using a BETWEEN clause with CBO
      Doc ID:     NOTE:2273604.8
Per Metalink this should be fixed in 10.2.0.3. You might have
tried ALTER SYSTEM FLUSH SHARED_POOL instead of bouncing.
Is this development or Production?  I suppose this is dev
environment. Also, what is the optmizer mode set to? How current
are the statistics?
HTH
GovindanK

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 10:10:49 -0600, "Sandra Becker" <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxx
m> said:

I have a developer trying to run an SQL script against a test
database that is picking up the wrong sql instead of what is
really in my PL/SQL script.  What's really strange to me is that
if I set echo on, I can see the code it should be executing, not
what it is really executing.  Could this be due to a cursor left
open?  I've never seen this behavior before so I'm a bit lost on
where to look.

If I run the same script against another test database, it works
like it's supposed to.  The developer also tells me that this
code worked on this database until we bounced it yesterday.

Our environment for both databases:  Oracle [1]10.2.0.3, SuSE10,
IBM z9 VM

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Sandy