Re: Excessive cpu usage on 10.2.0.3 linux 64bit

  • From: "Giovanni Cuccu" <giovanni.cuccu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:25:27 +0200

 Hi,
   I know that a delete is an expensive operation, the problem is
 different. the difference is that four days ago the delete operation
 on 4m rows took 20 minutes,  two days ago with the same amount of data
 took more than 20 hours. today I reissued the delete (yesterday we
 drop the table) and it took the usual 20 minutes.
 My investigations were aimed to undestand whey the delete was so slow.
 the trace file showed more than 10 seconds before one db read and the
 following one.
 During these seconds the cpu was near 100% and I cannot figure why.
 the only difference that I found this morning is tha another developer
 saturated the data tablespace. after moving the offeding tables to a
 new tabelspace the performance seems to be ok.
 thanks,
    Giovanni