Re: Enterprise mangler

  • From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 12:36:50 -0700

Hi all,

> In any case, perhaps in a few years GC will have OS monitoring and control
> as well (*cough* SUN *cough*)

After looking at recent additions to EM, I believe we will have to
start looking at EM as an Administrative Framework rather than the DB
and Performance centric view we have had of it so far. I also believe
that EM will have to move off of OC4J (is it already the case in EM
11g? Can someone check that?) and become leaner in order to survive.
And of course, make this Framework and basic Admin (all across the
board - DB, App, Midtier, Infrastructure, extendability) free and
optionally charge for additional packs. I would also love to ave the
ability to look beneath the hood easily so junior DBAs can (if needed)
see actually how it is being done so the better ones can grow into the
next generation of DBA geeks - the kind of people that this group
comprises of :)

--
John Kanagaraj <><
http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnkanagaraj