RE: Enterprise Manager - Node Discovery question

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>, <fred_fred_1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:36:38 -0500

Fred,

The discovery process is actually talking to the Oracle agent running on
the box.  When the agent starts up, it reads the tnsnames.ora file and
the oratab file.  Also look at the snmp_ro.ora.  This will tell you all
of the databases (and listeners) that the Oracle agent has discovered.
All of this info is passed to EM when you discover a node.

Good Luck!

Tom