Re: Early 11g Advanced Table Compression #'s

  • From: "Greg Rahn" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rxsherm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 17:00:19 +0300

Could you explain exactly how any these tests reflect any type of OLTP
workload?  That is the new thing in 11g correct that you are
attempting to demonstrate performance on, correct?  Rather than
commenting that the advanced compression is "quite horrible" I'd
comment that your choice of tests are quite horrible.

--
Regards,

Greg Rahn
http://structureddata.org