Early 11g Advanced Table Compression #'s

  • From: Roby Sherman <rxsherm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 07:14:57 -0600

For anyone interested, I ran some very quick benchmarks on 11g's new Advanced Compression table option COMPRESS FOR ALL OPERATIONS that Oracle is claiming was "specifically written to create only the most 'minimal' of performance impacts in OLTP environments.

The results are here:
http://web.mac.com/tikimac/iWeb/silicon/Roby_Sherman/ Oracle_Certifiable/Entries/2007/8/16_11G_TABLE_COMPRESSION_- _Don’t_Believe_the_Hype.html

I guess their definition of minimal and my definition of minimal must be different... Anyway, if you're interested in this feature, feel free to take a quick look!

--Roby