Re: ERP System

  • From: Nigel Thomas <nigel.cl.thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: enkhbold <enkhbold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 10:58:07 +0000

Enkhbold

There are many such systems. Which one is best for your company will depend
on a large number of factors such as:
- size of company (revenue, number of employees, number of sites, etc)
- volume of transactions
- type of business (eg retail vs manufacturing vs government vs telco etc)

Big names include:
- Oracle E-Business Suite (and also PeopleSoft, Siebel, JD Edwards; all are
evolving towards the new "Fusion Applications")
- SAP

Smaller names I know of (with perhaps a UK bias) include:
- CoA Solutions (formerly Cedardata)
- Sage (I'm not 100% certain they run on Oracle)

A much fuller list (not restricted to Oracle) can be found at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ERP_software_packages

This is much to complex a question to be answered satisfactorily on a
technical mail list, I think...

Cheers Nigel