Re: EMC Timefinder consistent split and Oracle --

  • From: sathish balasubramaniam <sat0789@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kumar Madduri <ksmadduri@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 14:53:11 +0400

Basically what i am asking is i have had a database abort.
And in this case a few more archive logs are generated after that due to
timfinder sync.
When i mount the database, control file is read and the locations and other
info are verified.
Then whe i issue recover database until command.
I am assuming here that the recover database portion of the script will say
and only instance recovery is required by looking at stop/start SCN and
checkpoint SCN.

So how will it know that there are few more new archive logs that need to be
applied.
Thanks,