Re: EM or not

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: deryaoktay@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 19:39:41 +0100

Well I'd argue that neither position was correct. I don't see EM as a cause
of instability - certainly not as much as RAC or ASM might be anyway, and
they are reasonably reliable. Neither however would I say that EM is a
perfect solution for monitoring and alerting - even less so with out the
diagnostics pack which is extra cost.

On 9/12/06, Derya Oktay <deryaoktay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, We have Oracle 10g R1 RAC working on AIX 5L. The former DBA didn't install EM and we have not being using the EM for stability reasons. Is it really correct not using EM provides stability in our system. I know EM is perfect on getting event alerts, monitor database. Any comment on this topic greatly appreciated. Regards, Derya

-- Niall Litchfield Oracle DBA http://www.orawin.info