Re: EM 12c Install - WLS / OMS

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 21:53:43 -0600

We'll talk next week. :-)

The 12g RDBMS reference i my previous post was to the plugin support - 12.1.0.2 does not have a plugin to monitor/admin the 12g DB.

For OMR, agree that my comment could have been misinterpreted as '12.1.0.3 can use 12.1.0.1 as OMR' but that was not my intent. My intent was to emphasize the plugin side. (For OMR support, the rule is always - see the install doc and Certify to determine latest mashup.)

The version numbering however ... there is absolutely no reason to use the 4th digit to represent release. The documented RDBMS version number intent of 2nd digit being database and 3rd being App server is totally broken, especially since the WLS folk didn't even attempt to keep that in mind. So there was, and is, no reason not to say "we are now at OEM CC 12.3 or 12R3"

/Hans

On 30/04/2014 8:55 PM, kellyn.potvin@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I'm not going to comment on any of Hans previous email, (we'll talk next week in person when I can give him a proper difficult time..:)) but one clarification- 12.1.0.3 supports rdbms 12.x except for the oms repository. Stick with 11.2.0.x, ( highest patch avail for OS)...

Kellyn Pot'Vin
http://about.me/dbakevlar

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android <https://overview.mail.yahoo.com/mobile/?.src=Android>