Re: EM 12c Install - WLS / OMS

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 15:42:14 -0600

On 30/04/2014 2:16 PM, Uzzell, Stephan wrote:

Tangentially-related question:

We're looking at the latest OMS, 12.1.0.3, but it still requires WLS 11g (10.3.6) (and let's not get started on that numbering system....)

LOL ... OEM is a family of products and it's branding is (and should be) independent of it's component technologies. But I agree, especially given the nonsensical WLS brand-version mapping, it is confusing as all get-out. Add that OEM uses 'Release' in the same position as where RDBMS uses 'Patch Set' and I recommend approaching the Oracle versioning stuff with a good stiff bottle of Whiskey. (Still not as bad as Hadoop, though.)

That said - run, do not walk, to OEM/OMS 12.1.0.3 ... IMO 12.1.0.2 is a nightmare, painful to upgrade *from* AND does not support Oracle [RDBMS] Server 12.x

With 12.1.0.3 they've changed the infrastructure enough that the plug-ins now seem to work correctly in 12.1.0.3 and the plug-ins can swap/upgrade very independently of the OMS. Major win.

WLS itself is up to 12.1.2... any indication when EM (OMS) will move to the 12.1 WLS?

(Since the OEM UX is based on ADF, I believe the ADF version used to create the UI is the determining factor. But, in my case, since it is an integrated install, and on a separate server, I have not looked at it too deeply.)

/Hans