Re: E-Business suite on Oracle VM

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vishal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 18:58:18 +0100

I'll try again. Licensing for E-biz works like this.

1. vanilla product, no tech license required.
2. modify or create middle tier code, you need to license iAS on a per user
basis.
3. Modify or create db objects, you need a db ee license on a per user
basis.

Processor count, socket count is irrelevant - unless you have so few users
that an erp solution was a bad idea anyway and user minimums kick in. There
is a license document for ebiz. It is draconian imo.

Niall Litchfield

On Jul 16, 2010 6:43 PM, "Vishal Gupta" <vishal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For licensing on VMs, Oracle insists on licensing for underlying physical
machine. So I am afraid you might have to for all physical CPUs even with
VM.

Regards,
Vishal

On 16 Jul 2010, at 03:18, "Karl Arao" <karlarao@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > Anyone