Dumb Developer tricks

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 13:51:23 -0500

All,

        I'm going to start a new thread away from the Undo tablespace
link because, well this is just dumb & I'm wondering how many others
have heard similar things.  BTW I've changed names to protect the
guilty.

Hello all,

  we had a meeting with Xxxx today about commit and rollback operation.
  Xxxx advices us to not use the default Oracle commit/rollback, but to
use instead these two procedures :

   - FWD_LID.TRANSACTION_COMMIT
   - FWD_LIB.TRANSACION_ROLLBACK

 Goals of this procedure is to store in TRANSACTION_LOG table records
about transaction performed.
 These records will be used when synchronisation will be performed
between XXX online and XXX offline. It enables mechanism used to manage
the synchronisation to prevent lost of data on long running
synchronisation.

 So, now, each time a script that modified data must be executed, we
must too use these two procedures to commit or rollback.

 Feel free to forward to other people that deals with transaction
somewhere in development/database administration/...

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Lead
PAREXEL International
900 Chelmsford St, Suite 310
Lowell, MA 01821
978.614.2857
Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx

The information transmitted in this communication is intended only for
the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please destroy
any copies, contact the sender and delete the material from any
computer.