RE: Dual homes on application clients

  • From: "Brady, Mark" <Mark.Brady@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>, <bunjibry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 10:25:44 -0400

I whole-heartedly agree with Niall that, "In nearly all cases I've found
upgrading clients an extremely problematic exercise"

And of course I'm referring to windows. But to answer your question, it
is common to have multiple homes. AFAIK, Discoverer requires its own
home, so we've had more than one home on hundreds of PCs for quite a
while. But the formula to get this working wasn't easy. We got it down
to things had to be installed in a precise order to get it working - and
wound up not using the installer at all for parts of the install, just
writing it ourselves.