Dropping and creating tables on the fly

I just took over a data warehousing application, and discovered that as
a part of the daily load process they developers wrote code that drops
and creates tables on the fly, instead of using temporary tables.  On
the order of 10-15 tables each day, with more at end of month.  I know
that this can do all kinds of ugly things to the data dictionary.  They
have been doing this for only a few months fortunately, but I don't know
how long it will be before we can implement changes.  This is oracle
9.2.0.8.  My question is, is there anything I can do to keep this from
badly fragmenting the data dictionary why we try and fix the code?  Are
there any steps I could take that could reduce future issues till we get
it resolved?

Andrew W. Kerber
Senior Oracle DBA
UMB

NOTICE:  This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential.
The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended
as the recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying,
printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the
message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.  If
you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the
sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original
transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer
system. Thank you.