Re: Doubt about timeout between nodes of cluster

    Hello Friend

  Thank you for answer .., let's check.

2008/6/12, Riyaj Shamsudeen <riyaj.shamsudeen@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hello Waldirio
>   >> the time to the first machine detect the second machine powered off is
> very big (between 1 and 2 min),
>  How are you measuring this time? Are you checking alert log or are you
> using DB connections to check it?

   I was check this time starting when I have been send the shutdown to
server until the second VIP interface up on second node (backup node).

 Can you also send crsd.log?

Ok, following the address because the size ...
http://rafb.net/p/hqE13995.html

When I send the power off on first node, on second node (crsd log on link
above), on line 1 log the message "[ COMMCRS][1147169120]clsc_receive:
(0xc6d180) Error receiving, ns (12535, 12560), transport (505, 110, 0)" and
still "Connection not active" until  line 2045.

PS: Now, my VIP address of first node don't migrated to second node later
power off ... (maybe will be necessary re-install the OS and Oracle
ClusterWare, because I've changed the system a lot of to test)

 Further, refer $CRS_HOME/bin/racgvip and there are few parameters such as
> check interval, restart attempts etc controlling behavior of VIP failover
> too. Not sure, they are applicable when machine is rebooted since heartbeat
> will fail before vip check..

Yes, I checked this file too, but don't changed.

Now, looking the crsd log file, I believe the Oracle know when another node
is out, but who is responsible to make a failover (mount the aliases of VIP
on another machine) !? (Script, Daemon, Angel :P )

Thank you friends for help.
Waldirio

Cheers

--