[oracle-l] Double-Take for Oracle?

We're setting up a Data Guard physical standby here at our office; the
primary database is at a colocation facility about 100 miles away, with
a T1 currently providing networking between the two sites.  The T1 is
inadequate to keep up with the rate of redo generation during batch
operations (like imports) on the primary.

Our IT suggested that I look at NSI's Double-Take, which claims to
replicate only byte-by-byte changes, and to support Oracle.  I have two
questions for anyone who's used or considered using this product:

1.  Does Double-Take appreciably reduce network traffic compared to
Data Guard physical standby?
2.  Does Double-Take work reliably with Oracle?  Does Oracle support a
database that is replicated using this product?

TIA

=====
Paul Baumgartel
Transcentive, Inc.