RE: Does ocssd.bin started from 11gASM home support diskgroups mounted by 10g ASM instance

  • From: "Matthew Zito" <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Martin Berger" <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 18:02:30 -0400

That was going to be my question, if I have multiple ASM instances, how does
your Oracle instance know which one to talk to?  Also, what happens if I have
my diskstring set to /dev/sd* in both instances?  Do they both try to mount the
diskgroups?  Does Oracle have any sane sort of fencing to prevent that?  If so,
is it just a race to acquire a lock?

It seems like bad mojo, even if technically it is possible.

Matt