Re: Documentation for reasons to NOT use RAC?

  • From: Cary Millsap <cary.millsap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 17:37:53 -0500

Agreed with Greg. I like the way I've heard Tom Kyte phrase it, that RAC is
a *scalability amplifier*, just like a real physical amplifier works with a
singing voice. If your application scales poorly on a single Oracle
instance, then it will scale abysmally on RAC. If it scales well on a single
Oracle instance, then it will scale beautifully on RAC.

Cary Millsap
Method R Corporation
http://method-r.com
http://carymillsap.blogspot.com