Re: Documentation for reasons to NOT use RAC?

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tony Adolph <tony.adolph.dba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 20:14:26 -0700 (PDT)

> >  I don't see how developers should write code differently
>> if the code needs to be deployed to RAC.:
>
> Its not just being TAF/FAN aware, see Gints Plivna's comments
> earlier in this thread.

Tony,

I understand Gints Plivna's and kathy duret's responses at
//www.freelists.org/post/oracle-l/Documentation-for-reasons-to-NOT-use-RAC,23

They both proposed great ideas for application server admins. The only thing
developers should do a little differently is perhaps "Use of parallel in
queries to take advantage of the Rac power", but that's not really RAC-specific.

In short, the developers don't need to do anything special for RAC. DBAs and
mid-tier administrators do.

Yong Huang