Documentation for HHWM and LHWM?

  • From: "Charles Schultz" <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 09:43:28 -0500

Broswing through various blogs, whitepapers and other presentations, I have
seen folks like Tom Kyte and Lutz Hartman reference the HHWM and LHWM of
ASSM tables, however I have been unable to find where they are officially
documented. Perhaps this is a limitation of tahiti and metalink (metalink
gave me one hit for bug 6416822). I have looked through the Concepts, New
Features and DBA books in the documentation set, learning a lot in the
process, and still have a lot to go back over. *grin* Additionally, I
appreciate that dbms_space gives us access to detailed information about
used blocks, but I find it a little odd that the HWM is not specifically
included, much less HHWM and LHWM. Forgive me if I missed it, but did Oracle
ever document these ASSM high water marks?

Thanks to all of you who have worked hard to expose various internal tidbits
and publish helpful hints.

Charles Schultz