RE: Do you have much experience with "activeversion" not being at the right level?

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tyfaniew@xxxxxxxxxxx" <tyfaniew@xxxxxxxxxxx>, 'oracle Freelists' <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 16:14:54 -0400

Tyfanie,

MOS Doc ID 1176853.1 is with regard to failed upgrade from 10gR2 to 11gR2, but,
does mention getting an error on 'crsctl set crs activeversion'.  It references
some files that need to be cleaned up from $GRID_HOME/cdaa/crs/ directory.
(See the doc for details.)

Again, I know the versions are different, and it's not exactly what happened to
you, but it may offer some clues.

Also, this is off the top of my head, and may actually end up being
destructive, so, think twice before typing it, but, if the only problem is the
activeversion on that node, is it possible for you to manually run 'crsctl set
crs activeversion' on that node?  Not sure if you are allowed to do that, or if
it's a good idea, but it *seems* like it would do what you need it to do.  If
that fails, the files mentioned in the MOS Doc previously referenced may need
to be cleaned up....

I know, not a very complete answer, but perhaps you'll find something useful
there?

-Mark