Do anyone implemented Physical Standby using primary db hot backups?

  • From: "Syed Jaffar Hussain" <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: _oracle_L_list <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:57:48 +0300

Hello List,

I earlier, created standby database using cold backup and it is
running without any issues.
However, now, I have task to created another standby database for one
of the critical database, using previous hot backups.

I am just a little bit confused about this.

Do anyone from the list has  implemented this kind?

Any refernece or steps would greatly helpful to me.

-- Best Regards, Syed Jaffar Hussain 8i,9i & 10g OCP DBA

I blog at :
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."