Re: Do APEX-installed packages include business logic?

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chet.justice@xxxxxxxxx, Bill Ferguson <wbfergus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 12:02:18 -0700 (PDT)

> APEX is PL/SQL based.

> You "might" encounter some business
> rule problems if you use the
> wizards to generate the data entry screens for you.
> If your team develops all of
> the data entry screens manually (instead of using the
> wizards), then chances are that you will never have
> a problem with Apex.

Thanks, Chet and Bill. If APEX is PL/SQL based, I guess it must have
lots of packages even a PL/SQL expert has to spend hours of time
troubleshooting (unless he knows APEX and business). Is it PL/SQL
based only when the developer uses the wizards? Can DBAs technically
prevent them from using the wizards? If they don't use them, is the
benefit of APEX (rapid development) lost?

Yong Huang