Re: Distributed transactions (two-phase commint) without DB links

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:37:25 -0800

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 20:54:44 +0100, Alexander Gorbachev
<gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are facing the problem with design of a new application.
> Historically, we have been successful in pursuing our rules that DB
> links are not acceptable in our environment. Until now, we've managed
> to follow this rule and stay "link-free".

I believe it is difficult to enforce such draconian rules, as you
are finding out.

Database links have their place.  The trick is knowing when to use them
and when to use another connection to the database.

Why are DB links not allowed?

--
Jared Still