RE: Display view equations?

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ltiu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 10:47:24 -0400

Lyndon,

You can always make a private view on the user_views or user_source
table showing the actual ddl for the view.

Select view_name, text from user_views would give you what you need.
Create a new view for the user to query:

Create view view_ddl as select view_name, text from user_views;

Grant select on view_ddl to your users and you should be all set.  You
may need to grant "select" on user_views to your account to allow the
view_ddl view to be created.

Tom