Re: Display shell script output

  • From: "Ranko Mosic" <ranko.mosic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 17:51:20 -0400

Ordinary spool works fine.

On 7/15/06, Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I need to be able to see commands executed on the sceen - they are not > echoed now:

Shell or sqlplus commands?

For shell use

#!/bin/ksh -v (to print shell input lines as they are read or -x if you
need to print the commands and their arguments, or -xv for both)
For sqlplus:

From SQL*Plus User's Guide and Reference:

SET ECHO {ON | OFF}
Controls whether or not to echo commands in a script that is executed with
@, @@ or START. ON displays the commands on screen. OFF suppresses the
display. *ECHO does not affect the display of commands you enter
interactively or redirect to SQL*Plus from the operating system.
*
So you could:

1. Write a sql sqlript and then run it in the shell script as @script.
2. Prompt the commands:

#!/bin/ksh sqlplus system/password<< EOF set echo on set termout on set feedback on prompt Create user test1 identified by test prompt default tablespace rcvcat_tbs prompt duota 0 on system; Create user test1 identified by test default tablespace users

quota 0 on system;
exit;
EOF

Dimitre

-- Regards, Ranko Mosic Contract Senior Oracle DBA B. Eng, Oracle 10g, 9i Certified Database Professional Phone: 416-450-2785 email: mosicr@xxxxxxxxxx http://ca.geocities.com/mosicr@xxxxxxxxxx/ContractSeniorOracleDBARankoMosicMain.html