Re: Disk layout for two instance servers

  • From: "Neil Overend" <neiloverend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: stvsmth@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 20:10:07 +0100

Here's a link to a thread on askTom which contains some  views on disk
usage for Oracle, the thread goes back to 2000 but has more recent
posts. But it does have things to say what oracle files should be
separated to different disks if you want to go down that route instead
of using the SAME methodology.

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/asktom/f?p=100:11:0::::P11_QUESTION_ID:359617936136

Our current production server (that I inherited) has a complex
arrangement of disks with oracle files separated out to different disk
arrays. And what we've ended up with is half the disks red hot and the
other half under used.