Re: Disk failover

  • From: Janine Sisk <janine@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 13:07:53 -0700

The user/group ids for the oracle user need to be the same too - things don't work at all if they are not. and as I recall the cause of the failure is non-obvious, shall we say. ;) So if the system disk was not moved over, this could cause major fubar'd-ness.

janine

On Oct 13, 2005, at 12:55 PM, Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) wrote:

Mike,

I agree with what everyone else said.  I wonder what this person was
talking about?  Maybe he meant while the database stayed up?

Just remember that all the mount points need to named exactly the same
on both machines.  But this is obvious.

Tom