Re: Disk Drives

  • From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 07:43:27 +0100

Raid? Depends on the raid-type you have. RAID-F hurts. Baarf! Read
www.baarf.com.
Other interesting reading in
http://www.scaleabilities.co.uk/papers/scalingOracle8i.pdf, chapter 2.
Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===
===

Upcoming appearances:

      * Feb 9-10, 2005: Denver, RMOUG Training Days: Data Guard
        Performance Issues
      * Mar 6-10, 2005: Dallas, Hotsos Symposium: Data Guard Performance
        Issues