RE: Disk Config With CX6000

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <stmontgo@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 10:07:23 -0700

I'm not sure about the Metalun term, but I believe some operating
systems (e.g. HPUX) have internal restrictions on the I/O throughput per
LUN, so you might just want to double check to see if your OS (or any
other component in the I/O stack) implements this type of limitation, in
which case it would be a good idea to present multiple, smaller LUNs to
the OS rather than one big LUN.  The best way to know for sure is to
test - use dd or something similar to see what is the max IOPS you can
get on a single LUN vs. two LUNs on the same disk array.

Regards,
Brandon

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of steve montgomerie

should I look at one big RAID 10 set or a couple of smaller ones