Re: Disaster recovery - Windows registry

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 11:17:57 -0700

On 6/4/07, J. Dex <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

registry in which I case I won't need to reinstall the Oracle code.  I am
wondering if there is a way to make a copy of the registry so that I have
something to compare the server too once it is restored.

As has been stated already, you can backup a registry key.

That said, backing up the Oracle Key will not get everything
that is setup by Oracle on installation.

eg. HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet contains the services information.
There are various other Oracle related strings throughout the registry.

--
Jared Still