Re: Disaster Recovery for datawarehouse

  • From: hrishy <hrishys@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 15:24:50 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Dennis

Thanks for taking time out and responding.

In many systems what i have seen is the EDW is huge
and they just cannot afford to do without nologging
operation

For management disaster recovery means when the
building blows up we start operating from another
country and we start working .

With these kind of systems in mind when the
interviewer persisted with dataguard option i
explained to him dataguard means frequently recreating
the standby becuase of the nologging operations.

I was more on the expensive things like EMC Symetric
technology or any kind of storage based replication.

Let me see if i get the job offer :-).

But i would be very happy to see what the experts
think here are there any other solutions apart from
storage based replication

regards
Hrishy

Which email service gives you unlimited storage?
http://uk.mail.yahoo.com